1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH42V500 - Optimising PQ with DVD and SKY for a novice

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by golfnet, Aug 30, 2005.

1. golfnet

golfnet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a Panny TH42PV500. I watch only Sky digital and DVD. What connections should I use to optimise picture quality for both these sources. I am a total novice and have not got a clue so not too much techno jargon please. Do I need to buy extras to optimise these. If so what are they? Also, buying a new DVD player ..... which one will go best with the Panny .... dont mind cost ... want quality.

2. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Where did you get it from m8? and how much did you pay. im looking to get one in the next month, hopefully the price drop happens by then.

3. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Make sure the SKY box output is set to RGB output and 16:9 (go to the SKY System menu). Then use a fully-wired Scart from the RGB output of the SKY box to the AV1 (RGB) scart input of the PV500. The DVD can either be component to the component inputs or RGB Scart to the AV4 (RGB) input.

Remember to set the Picture settings for ALL inputs separately - to start with keep them all on Cinema with brightness and contrast below half way.

Hope this helps.