Panasonic TH42PZ85 Standby Power

Eddy555

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just bought a power meter to check my standby consumption and found my 42PZ85 is currently taking 20W at standby when the manual reckons it should be 0.4W (Without monitor out recording).
Now I think I've got monitor out recording disabled (No timer programs are set etc.), but maybe I've missed something. Does anyone have any advice?

Yes :) Make sure the meter is displaying true power, taking into account power factor.

I made this mistake recently, the meter I was using does measure PF but doesn't actually apply it to the displayed power! So it actually displays VA rather than true Watts. It showed 27W when turned off and 50W when in standby. Using another meter showed 1W and 29W respectively. Phew!

I found the same thing which was a bit concerning at the time but keep measuring for a short while after entering standby and you should see the consumption drop further. Our PZ85 clicks after a couple of mins which I presume is the TV entering true standby.

I've also bought a power meter last week and my 46PZ85 has a standby consumption of 25W. This value is the same even if the tv is turned off.
I don't know if monitor record out is enabled. How can I check it?

I have exactly the same problem with 50pz800 - 25W even if TV is turned off, even after several hours!!!
How to disable this "monitor out record"? I am not going to record anything at the moment and nothing is connected to AV1/AV2/AV3. :lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom