Panasonic TH42PZ81B plasma - problem - blue and pink vertical stripes on screen

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by dxb, Feb 4, 2009.

1. dxb

dxb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought this TV just over a couple of weeks ago, and all was fine until last week.. on switching on the TV, a translucent blue vertical stripe (from top to bottom of the screen) and about and inch in width appeared toward the right hand side of the screen.

This stayed on for about 10 minutes before disappearing.

However it then always happened whenever we switched on the TV... the 10 minutes became 12.. 15.. 20 minutes. Then a translucent pink stripe appeared next to it, to it's right...same size, same length.

These both now appear as soon as the TV is switched on and remain as such for about 30 minutes now before disappearing.

I have unplugged everything from the back, and tested plugging things in one by one.. tested by plugging just a single item in.. and still the same problem. I have the Sky+HD plugged in via HDMI, the MacMini plugged in via VGA, the terrestrial aerial coming in via the Sky+HD box, the sound system audio in via 'Monster' audio cables... that's it.

Any ideas? This is not normal, is it? (This is my first ever plasma so not sure what to expect).

Is this something I have to take up with the manufacturer or the shop I bought it from?

Any help, pointers etc greatly appreciated.

-DXB

2. andy1249

andy1249
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,654
    Yes , the TV is faulty , you need to have it replaced , ( its just a couple of weeks old , so definitely have it replaced , not repaired. )