Panasonic Th42pz80b Settings.

t1m103

Novice Member
hi my friend has just got a PANASONIC TH42PZ80B,although a nice tv something aint quite right with the picture,so could someone please post some settings to make the picture better than the presets.thanks.

EvylTwyn

Standard Member
Generally I'd take it out of 'dynamic' mode for starters and put it in 'cinema'. Then set the colour balance to warm or normal, whichever you prefer. It's an idea to drop the brightness and contrast down below 50% for run-in purposes (first 200-ish hours) and set sharpness to taste and dependent on the quality of the source (more sharpness tends to mean more noise).

These are general settings, anything more specific would depend heavily on the level of ambient light, the source etc.

Hope this helps :)

Cooney

Generally I'd take it out of 'dynamic' mode for starters and put it in 'cinema'. Then set the colour balance to warm or normal, whichever you prefer. It's an idea to drop the brightness and contrast down below 50% for run-in purposes (first 200-ish hours) and set sharpness to taste and dependent on the quality of the source (more sharpness tends to mean more noise).

These are general settings, anything more specific would depend heavily on the level of ambient light, the source etc.

Hope this helps :)
This set should perform similarly to my PZ85. I have had it replaced twice and so this is my 3rd set!!

This one looked good as soon as the auto set up found the channels. Freeview is soft and variable as we all expect but good programming can look very reasonable. DVD and blu ray looks great.

My first faulty screen needed a lot of messing just to get a decent picture, this one only needs adjustments to taste - colour etc.

I avoid dynamic but can use ECO normal or cinema with only slight turning down of brightness and colour. This is how a new TV should be. If you are experiencing trouble getting good settings, the set is faulty. Have it replaced. Be sure to explain the problem as intermittent loss of detail and colour to ensure a 'no arguments' replacement.

I am not convinced by the need to run in. I got the 3rd one on Friday afternoon and leave it on from 6am to midnight with the settings wherever I want them. There is never even a hint of retention. Obviously avoid channels with logos for long periods.

philreid

Novice Member
I admit that I don't know a huge amount about the finer details of calibrating screens, but I do have a Panasonic TH42PZ80 which I got a couple of weeks ago.

Last night I watched Walk the Line on Channel 4 and found that the best setting was Cinema, which gave the deepest blacks and the smoothest display of the freeview reception.

I've only been using the TV for a week or so and it still continues to impress, and I've not experienced any problems at all with it.

Kimberson

Distinguished Member
Hi does anyone know what the best settings are for xbox 360 should it be set to 50hz or 60hz ?? Do you set it to full limited or intermediate colours
Also what are the best settings for the ps3 in regards to rgb or xy somink or other also the other setting for whites.
It would be great for users of this tv would post setting on all things from The PS3, XBOX 360, SKY HD ETC
Especially for guys who have had this tv for a while now and have time to test things out. As i have just recieved mine today and would like a little help !!
Thanks in advance
Matt

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom