Panasonic TH42PZ80 thread -part 2

Managed to get John Lewis to price match one of there other stores for £699, so rather happy here! It's being delivered next Friday, gives me time to work out where I'm going to be putting it.

Got a call today to say they have stock in distribution centre and have organised delivery. I had actually partly changed my mind, saw another tv (an lcd would you believe) that looked much brighter and appealing whereas the panny looked rather dull in comparison. Hope im not dissapointed when it comes :lease: Anyways, the next challenge is finding a black glass stand. As cheap but good quality as poss....anyone have any recommendations where I could find one reasonably priced?

Cheers folks....hopefully there will be a price drop again in 28 days :D

Got a call today to say they have stock in distribution centre and have organised delivery. I had actually partly changed my mind, saw another tv (an lcd would you believe) that looked much brighter and appealing whereas the panny looked rather dull in comparison. Hope im not dissapointed when it comes :lease: Anyways, the next challenge is finding a black glass stand. As cheap but good quality as poss....anyone have any recommendations where I could find one reasonably priced?

TVS ST42B4L at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

I ordered one on Tuesday morning and got it on Wednesday. Pity I haven't a tv to put on it yet. Can't get the PZ or OX80 anywhere in N.I.

TV Stands for 38" to 50"

Hi

Could any 42PZ80 owners possible measure the width and depth of the stand for me please, according
to panasonic the stands depth is approx 32.7cm but i cant seem to find the width of the stand anywhere.

One forum member told me the width was 45cm, could anyone confirm this for me please?

I had actually partly changed my mind, saw another tv (an lcd would you believe) that looked much brighter and appealing whereas the panny looked rather dull in comparison.

I too noticed that wherever I went the panny looked dull compared to LCDs however in defense of the panny: watching LCDs with their vivid colours and brightness may look impressive in the shop but practically at home you may suffer from eye strain and fatigue watching it that bright for prolonged periods. Colours sometimes arn't that bright and vivid in real life!

We'll wait and see, I'm sticking with the panny (arrives tuesday!) on the strength of its reviews, even though on many occasions I found it dull compared to LCDs side by side.

are any of you new owners having trouble with the freeview tuner?if you have any devices connected to the hdmi sockets when the tv is turned off for a while then turned back on the freeview picture is breaking up bad,especially channel five.this usally sorts itself out after about 10 mins,but if a retune is run its fine straight away.doesnt do this if nothing is connected to hdmi.this is my second set doing this,so maybe its quite widespread.

Just took delivery from John Lewis... have it set up in Cinema mode (warm) and it is cracking! Thanks to all on here whose info posted on here helped me get it for £599... couldn't be happier :clap:

Hi

Could any 42PZ80 owners possible measure the width and depth of the stand for me please, according
to panasonic the stands depth is approx 32.7cm but i cant seem to find the width of the stand anywhere.

One forum member told me the width was 45cm, could anyone confirm this for me please?

At its widest point (the back) it is indeed 45cm

I too noticed that wherever I went the panny looked dull compared to LCDs however in defense of the panny: watching LCDs with their vivid colours and brightness may look impressive in the shop but practically at home you may suffer from eye strain and fatigue watching it that bright for prolonged periods. Colours sometimes arn't that bright and vivid in real life!

We'll wait and see, I'm sticking with the panny (arrives tuesday!) on the strength of its reviews, even though on many occasions I found it dull compared to LCDs side by side.

Good choice mate, it's just the "shop" settings of panasonic plasmas that make them look "dull" compared to over the top LCDs. Lucky i wasn't deceived by this. If you want an LCD look just switch to dynamic mode and crank up the contrast/brightness. (would recommend only for gaming)

Is there a way you can set the colour buttons on the remote to change inputs ie. red - HDMI 1 etc. like is with Panny LCD's

My panny has started to do 2 odd things.

1) It sometimes forgets about half of my freeview channels - it tells me there are new channels, and gives me the option to do a channel scan - then misses off ITV,4, channel 5 etc....

2) When im displaying full hd on the panel, if there is a scene of similar looking colour - say mainly white, the screen will flicker from white to black very fast in a strobing fashion.

I'm about to ring Panasonic to arrange a replacement, anyone have any advice on describing the problems or what to expect from Panasonic?

Thanks

Hi all,

TV arrived from JL - I JUST LUV IT!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Does anyone know if you receive a letter concerning the 5yr warranty? Thanks!

deski

Hi all,

TV arrived from JL - I JUST LUV IT!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Does anyone know if you receive a letter concerning the 5yr warranty? Thanks!

deski

Your reciept is your warranty with JL.

still awaiting JL to phone to confirm when/if i will get delivery, but while i'm waiting i read somewhere that you need to "run in" the plasma,anyone shed any light on what i need to do to "run in" eg. settings, how long, etc.
thanks

My panny has started to do 2 odd things.

1) It sometimes forgets about half of my freeview channels - it tells me there are new channels, and gives me the option to do a channel scan - then misses off ITV,4, channel 5 etc....

2) When im displaying full hd on the panel, if there is a scene of similar looking colour - say mainly white, the screen will flicker from white to black very fast in a strobing fashion.

I'm about to ring Panasonic to arrange a replacement, anyone have any advice on describing the problems or what to expect from Panasonic?

Thanks

If the tv is less than 12 months old, they will give you the phone no. of your local service centre in order to arrange for them to take the tv in for repair. Panasonic do not replace tv's, you will have to approach your retailer for that side of things.

are any of you new owners having trouble with the freeview tuner?if you have any devices connected to the hdmi sockets when the tv is turned off for a while then turned back on the freeview picture is breaking up bad,especially channel five.this usally sorts itself out after about 10 mins,but if a retune is run its fine straight away.doesnt do this if nothing is connected to hdmi.this is my second set doing this,so maybe its quite widespread.
Did you get anywhere with the Freeview break up problem. I have the same fault (On second set) - I can get it to correct itself by unplugging HDMI connections - it's driving me nuts

Did you get anywhere with the Freeview break up problem. I have the same fault (On second set) - I can get it to correct itself by unplugging HDMI connections - it's driving me nuts

What quality of HDMI leads do you have? Have you tried changing them?

Panasonic ones - I did have a non branded one for my Blu ray player but it didn't work for some reason so I replaced them - Blu Ray and SKY+

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom