Panasonic TH42PZ70B

lucavigg

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've been reading the threads about the extended warranties not turning up from Panasonic.

Our 42PZ70 went "phut" 3 days after the year warranty ran out. I remember receiving something from Panasonic in the post and putting it somewhere safe (hah!), but now we can't find it. The problem was caused by a software update screwing up the D unit and causing the set to fail. Having argued with Panasonic about the loss of the certificate and having found out that they have no record of our registration, they kindly agreed to repair the TV.

The TV arrived back 3 days ago. I mounted it back on the wall and while my son was watching it, the thing went splat again. This time, 10 flashes, which means the power supply has gone.

I rang the people that did the repair and they said, "Well it's failed on something completely different this time. It's also out of warranty, so you'll either have to pay or get Panasonic to agree to the repair. The Power unit will be about £300 to repair.

I'm now totally fed up with the TV and Panasonic. Anyone got any words of advice in this situation?

Repair it and then get a Domestic and General extended warranty, or buuy a new set?

Answers on a postcard
Thanks
Lucavigg

I've been reading the threads about the extended warranties not turning up from Panasonic.

Our 42PZ70 went "phut" 3 days after the year warranty ran out. I remember receiving something from Panasonic in the post and putting it somewhere safe (hah!), but now we can't find it. The problem was caused by a software update screwing up the D unit and causing the set to fail. Having argued with Panasonic about the loss of the certificate and having found out that they have no record of our registration, they kindly agreed to repair the TV.

The TV arrived back 3 days ago. I mounted it back on the wall and while my son was watching it, the thing went splat again. This time, 10 flashes, which means the power supply has gone.

I rang the people that did the repair and they said, "Well it's failed on something completely different this time. It's also out of warranty, so you'll either have to pay or get Panasonic to agree to the repair. The Power unit will be about £300 to repair.

I'm now totally fed up with the TV and Panasonic. Anyone got any words of advice in this situation?

Repair it and then get a Domestic and General extended warranty, or buuy a new set?

Answers on a postcard
Thanks
Lucavigg

If the tv has only recently been repaired and gone faulty again, Panasonic will repair it free of charge. What does the original retailer have to say about all of this as they are the ones that are liable to cover the cost of repair?

If the tv has only recently been repaired and gone faulty again, Panasonic will repair it free of charge. What does the original retailer have to say about all of this as they are the ones that are liable to cover the cost of repair?

The retailer was the Panasonic Shop. I haven't spoken to them yet as it only just happened this evening, but I will be calling them in the morning.

The repair shop that carried out the original repair are saying it's a completely different fault. They may just be covering themselves, but I don't believe in coincidences like this.

Also, the recent repair was done a s a courtesy because we were only a few days out of one year warranty, and because we were having problems finding the 5 year certificate.

Lucavigg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom