Panasonic TH42PZ70B - Does it have a VHF tuner?

I

irishbyte

I'm very interested in getting one of these plasmas, but I can't confirm if this has a VHF tuner.

The specs on Panasonic's site gives little away. On some other plasmas on their site, it does state at the end of specs an Irish version of the model (TH42PX70 for example) but no mention of any Irish version, so I'm hoping that it does have VHF as well as UHF analogue tuner.

I would appreciate if somebody who has one could check if theirs does (may require manual tuning, and maybe changing country option to Ireland?)

Maybe it's possible to turn on a VHF tuner via Service menu? I believe this was possible on older Panasonic CRT's though that was a while ago now). Maybe somebody who is familiar with the service menu could answer that (best not to go near it if unfamiliar)

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

I

irishbyte

Excellent!

Thanks a million for the reply. I must order me one now :)

I

irishbyte

Just to update...

Both Panasonic and a retailer who sells the PZ70B say that there is no VHF tuner in this model.

So, just to be safe, I've ordered a PY70 which I should have by next weekend. I do look forward to setting this baby up! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom