Panasonic TH42PZ sound connections options

jonjo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi folks I am dithering over which Panasonic 42PZxx model to buy, my confusion mainly relates to my plan to reuse an old 1999 vintage Sherwood theatre amplifier. I have no requirement for Freesat but I wonder if the extra analogue audio out on the PZ81 will help in the configuration of the following:

Panasonic 42PZxx
Sky+ HD
Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu Ray
Sherwood R-325

The back of the Sherwood has two green Digi-Link sockets, also I have previously got some sort of theatre sound from the Sherwood via a left/right pair of analogue leads from a basic DVD player.

All of the 2008 Pannys have Audio Out, with twin RCA jacks for connection to an Amp.

All of the 2008 Pannys have Audio Out, with twin RCA jacks for connection to an Amp.

The PZ81's also have optical out for digital audio (up to 5.1), this is primarily to support the Freesat HD content, but if any of your inputs carry digital audio I think those signals will also be output from the TVs Optical out (but need to confirm this).

Yes, I do this. Just connect the twin RCA's from Audio out to one of your RCA ins on your amp and every single sound that does through your telly will go through your amp also. No need to individually connect your sky, dvd etc to the amp. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom