• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TH42px80ba and Virgin+

tone1234

Standard Member
Hi All,

I have just had Virgin + installed, the main reason was to increase the quality of my reception - through the digi box it was OK but was not great.

What is the best way to ensure that I have the correct settings - do I set these through the TV or should it be coming through the box??

I have just gone into the Display and Settings Menu on the
box (after selecting the BBC1 HD Channel) - I have changed the TV format to HiDef HDMI - the screen goes blank and then reverts back to the "Widescreen" setting?? I have connected the HDMI cable?

The other TV channels also appear to be of a much poorer quality than the internal TV digibox running of the in aerial - surely this should not be the case.

Any help would be very much appreciated - as you probably gathered I am not the most technically minded:lease::D

rewerb

You have to confirm you can see the HDMI picture by pressing the "text" button on the V+ remote.
If the V+ is connected to HDMI1 it should switch automatically to the HDMI picture.

If you dont press "text" it will revert back to the SCART SD signal.

tone1234

Standard Member
I will check to make sure that teh HDMI cable is in '1'. It was set up by the virgin installer - the guy had very little interest in giving any advice?:rolleyes:

Nor

Sounds like you need to switch the TV from AV to HDMI1 to see the picture from the V+ box when Hi Def is set. Don't think the TV will auto switch to HDMI unless you have it set to in the V+ options.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom