• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TH42PX70 input on power on

davelee212

Hi all

Since day one, my Panasonic TV has always defaulted to DVB TV on power on. There is a Power On Preference (may not be exactly description but it's something like that option which I've set to AV - the only options being AV and TV. I've gone through the input labelling menu and hidden all but the two HDMI inputs I'm using for SkyHD and PS3. Still, it always switches to DVB first.

I don't use the built in tuner, there isn't even an aerial plugged it... which I'm thinking, only now I'm typing this, that this may be the issue. Can anyone else comment? Should my TV be able to go straight to HDMI on power on?

thanks

Dave

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
I have a PX80 which shouldn't be much different. I have my power on setting to AV also. If my Sky box is on, the TV will tune to it (HDMI 1).
However, if the Sky box is off and then I turn the TV on, it stays on the TV tuner.

What I'm trying to say is you have to turn on your PS3 / Sky box on first!

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
The previous post is correct as only HDMI 1 Auto switches so stick Sky into that one & turn sky on before you turn the TV on & all should be fine. If not it means your TV has been set to Hotel mode & forced to turn onto TV first.

davelee212

Yeah that makes sense then. The playstation is in HDMI1 and indeed, if it's on first, the TV switches to it straight away. Guess i'd better swap the PS3 and the Sky box then as it's used much more often.

cheers chaps!

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom