Panasonic TH42PX600 - Upgrade to TX-P42X10B ?

I

Ikarus73

Although I'm happy with my TH42PX600, I have the chance of doing a PX deal with a family member for a brand new TX-P42X10B.
I use my PX600 for SD viewing through Virgin Media, HD through PopcornHour, and for Xbox 360. I am aware of the 720P res. of the X10B, and also that the PX600 is not 1080P either (1080i).

Can anyone advise me whether it would be considered a worthy upgrade ??

Thanks

Ik.

Pontiac

Hard to say. There will be an improvement in picture quality, but if it's big enough to notice or not is another matter. I have a PX70 and when I recently viewed an X10 recently I thought it was great, but then again so do I think that of the PX70!

I'd say only if you haven't got to pay a lot personally. Of course the new set will have some sort of warranty left aswell which is a bonus.

Jay

Banned
Out of interest why do they want to get rid of their "new" set for an older set?

The pX600 was a very good mid end set, but the technology has improved and I think the 42x10 would be a step up.

And that's a lower end set, so if you were to go for a top mid end set the jump would be even higher.

I

Ikarus73

Thanks for the replies.

It's for my mother-in-law.

Just picked up the X10 from JL, but she prefers the Silver of the PX600.

Jay

Banned
Thanks for the replies.

It's for my mother-in-law.

Just picked up the X10 from JL, but she prefers the Silver of the PX600.

As long as it's not a big amount of money you have to put on top I'd go for it.

Or better yet you have an advantage here, you can actually see the set running first at your mother in laws, if you don't like it don't part exchange :devil:

The last thing you want is to pay a wad of money, get the x10 and it has a worse picture, you'll be kicking yourself.

The reality is though that the x10 will provide a better picture but it may not be a jump out and hit you in the face improvement.

rewerb

The PQ is going to be better on the X10, with better blacks, contrast and more shades of grey, plus it will accept 1080/24p signal and play it back properly.
The sound will be be noticeably worse though.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom