Panasonic TH42PX60 v Pioneer PDP4270XD

Ste__2006

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying either of these in the coming week.

The panasonic comes with a 5 year warranty (Empire Direct) and has a decent stand with it. The pioneer is slightly more expensive £70 or so and only has a 1 year warranty.

With all that in mind is the Pioneer worth considering?

Thanks for any advice.

If you are looking for top-rated Picture Quality then choose the Pio. Don't mind spending the extra 70 pounds.

If you're looking for top rated picture quality and a five year warranty get the Panasonic.Save seventy quid and get an extra four years peace of mind.:smashin:

...and maybe a free purple snake. :rolleyes:

You get a 3 year warranty at Empire Direct with the Pioneer....so maybe that is a compromise?

If you're lucky. I have bought three PX60's now, and aforementioned mystical pet was not included with any.

You almost sound disappointed. :rotfl:

Heh seriously though, were they bought recently? It does seem to affect a good proportion of the recently produced/bought ones.

Andy Trump seems to be wise than the Donald Trump of 3 Pannys Searcher2 !!!
Hope that our advice doesn't confuse a potential buyer.

Hey! Leave my Uncle Don out of this! :mad:

:rotfl:

Andy Trump seems to be wise than the Donald Trump of 3 Pannys Searcher2 !!!
Hope that our advice doesn't confuse a potential buyer.

Libel! I only have 1 PX60. By the time I have finished I may have swapped 3... but still on my first one.... snakes included. I was sort of recommending the Pioneer with 3 year warranty in actual fact.

Ste 2006, I am also trying to decide between these two TVs but everywhere I have looked the Pioneer has been £300-£400 more expensive. Where did you see them with a £70 difference?

Searcher2, I've looked at the Pioneer at Empire Direct online but see no mention of a 3 year warranty, am I missing something or is that maybe an in-store only offer?

I'm not sure weather to buy now or wait and see what comes up in the January sales.

Cheers Kenny

Searcher2, I've looked at the Pioneer at Empire Direct online but see no mention of a 3 year warranty, am I missing something or is that maybe an in-store only offer?

Cheers Kenny

I think you are missing something.... like the big banner at the top of the Empire Direct home page that says 'Free 3 year warranty on everything over £200'. I think it is also mentioned on every item that is over £200.

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/

Heh seriously though, were they bought recently? It does seem to affect a good proportion of the recently produced/bought ones.

I am dissapointed. Although all three came with 5 year warranties so not all bad.;)

Biggest selling plasma by a long way (so I'm lead to believe by a few indie retailers) so naturally more problems proportionally reported on forums.

Each PX60 bought in the last 2 months. All bargains. All working perfectly.
I hasten to add, only 1 was for me! I, like probably many others on here, are refrred to as AV geeks in their circle of "what's an RGB?" friends and get asked for AV kit recommendations. I usually end up buying it on their behalf and setting it up, thus earning a few pints :smashin:

I still can't believe this much top quality picture is available for under 1K. Although I'd challenge anyone to find a Pioneer within £300 or with a better picture!

My 42 PX60 is very badly affected by Purple blotches/Snakes, and I bought it mid April.

Best wishes,

Paul.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom