Panasonic TH42PX60 Screen Problems - Help

richy77

Standard Member
Reaction score
Had this plasma for about 8 months and turned it on this afternoon to find the following problem:

DSCN0734.jpg

It doesnt matter what the input is it remains the same. Has anyone had similar problems and how were they resolved? It is under warranty for 5yrs so hopefully wont be too much of a problem to get replacement. Although tried calling panasonic this afternoon and an answerphone was on and they were taking no calls!

Doesn't look good to me. Engineer required for that i feel

Doesn't look good to me. Engineer required for that i feel

Engineer booked for Thursday, but described fault to him and he is convinced it is the panel that need replacing!

Tried to call EmpireDirect to say I wasnt happy that this happened after only 8 months but they were having none of it. Anything else I can do to get a replacement rather than getting it fixed. Would be interested to hear of other people's experiences.

If its the screen thats gone (similar to mine) then most will deem it uneconomic to repair i would imagine. With mine they said if the screens gone its basically a right off !! I hope you get a shiny new telly :smashin:

What happened?

It looks like it has just happened to mine but on the LHS

i do have a JL 5 yr guarantee

Yea, i had an almost identical line as the one on the left of your screen but on my right on my old px60. The tv is most likely a write off i believe it would cost the same sort of price to repair as buy a new one, thats what i was told. unfortunately my warrenty hd ran out. You shouldn't have any problem getting a replacement though. take it to a local repair shop and they will write it up as a write off, cost me £25.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom