Panasonic TH42PX60 plasma Vs Samsung LE40RBDX LCD

S

Sully50

Hi there, could use some knowledgeable advice please!!! :confused:

Been thinking about the above 2 TV's to purchase but cannot really decide which is best for me. Can both be purchased for about £990 so price is not the issue.

I want to mainly use it for movies (at moment an older Denon System with component output) and sky HD (soon) however also will be getting a Xbox soon.

Panny has won in What HI Fi catagory but I'm worried about future as number of pixels is reduced compared to Samsung? Or is it best to go whole hog and plump for a Hi Res 1080p screen....?????

Any opinions appreciated....:smashin:

Orwella

You are asking the question on a Plasma forum so answers will have a certain bias. IMHO a good plasma will allways beat a good LCD for TV and DVD picture quality. The only time an LCD wins is if you intend to connect it to a PC, where the increased resolution (and sometimes choice of resolutions) will help.

Out of those two definately get the Panny. 1080P will be very costly for a while and there are few AV products that currently output at that res.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom