Panasonic TH42PX60 plasma - analogue tuning range

M

mpacione

My Panasonic TH42PX60 appears to allow analogue tuning to channels 21-68 only. This is an issue as the video entry for my apartment is transmitted on channel 69. My old Bush CRT picks up this channel no problem, but the Panasonic doesn't find it either when set to auto-scan or when channel 30 on the input is selected manually.

Is 21-68 the standard range on modern TVs, or is there some way to tune my TV to channel 69?

Thanks,

Michael

You could use an external VHS deck which may handle ch69 ok and output on channel 26 iirc. Or SCART.

Why would 30 on the remote have a chance of working, out of interest?

Thanks for your reply. Good lateral thinking re the VHS deck. Unfortunately, the only hardware I have apart from the TV that accepts an aerial signal is my Thomson Sky box, which appears only to provide passthrough, not reassignment.

Sorry - the reference to channel 30 wasn't helpful - this is the channel the video entry should be on according to the documentation. (It's not possible to select channel 69 on the input manually.)

Does anyone know if 21-68 is an accepted standard range for new equipment, or if Panasonic have chosen this arbitrarily? If the former, perhaps I could get the video entry transmitted on one of these channels.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom