Panasonic Th42PX60 owners - Need your help re: screen retention!!!

Hi all,

I own a TH42PX60 and was wondering if this is the norm.

When I view teletext for about a minute or so and then switch back to normal (analogue) tv, I can still see the teletext graphics retain on screen. This eventually vanishes after a minute or two. I can understand it if I had teletext on for say 15 minutes but surely after 1 minute, I wouldn't expect to see any after image.

Am I being very picky here or is this the norm with all Panasonic panels ?

Your help would be appreciated:thumbsup:

By the way, my picture settings are set to normal (60 % contrast) and I d say my TV has been runned in as I ve owned it since April.

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
nomisuf said:
Hi all,

When I view teletext for about a minute or so and then switch back to normal (analogue) tv, I can still see the teletext graphics retain on screen. This eventually vanishes after a minute or two. I can understand it if I had teletext on for say 15 minutes but surely after 1 minute, I wouldn't expect to see any after image.

By the way, my picture settings are set to normal (60 % contrast) and I d say my TV has been runned in as I ve owned it since April.
The same sort of thing happens with me on teletext but usually goes after seconds.
I haven't worried about retention since the world cup finnished, just sit back and enjoy your t.v.:thumbsup:

J

javaman

Switch to teletext, press menu button 3x and use left key to reduce contrast.

Faust

nomisuf said:
Hi all,

Can I ask why on earth are you watching analogue anyway, or looking at Teletext - waste of a good plasma, use the inbuilt Freeview

compo

Standard Member
this is ok as the plasma clocks up the hours and the screen phospurs age this will become less noticesable until as with mine it won't happen at all

J

javaman

Faust said:
Can I ask why on earth are you watching analogue anyway, or looking at Teletext - waste of a good plasma, use the inbuilt Freeview
In Slovenia? :rotfl:

Still there is a possibility to use digital SD over the cable but it means one remote more. And I am not sure if it would be any better (bandwidth problems?).

This fall there may be HDTV IPTV (SIOL) available here but 6 months ago I was refused to get SD IPTV because there were no more available capacity for me.

I ve turned down the contrast a little and the after image is less noticeable. I guess its just a plasma feature and I ll have to live with it :)

As Compo pointed out, this feature may ease within time (hopefully) :clap:

J

javaman

I have PV60 with around 40 hours and there is no any sign of retention (knock knock on the wood :cool:). I am having cinema mode, turned contrast and other settings down to 50% and turned off any auto modes. Teletext's contrast is on min. And save mode is on.

Top Bottom