Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic TH42PWD7S Recomended Kit- Sound and Input

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by snafle, Jul 31, 2005.

1. snafle

snafle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What sort of kit is recomended for this screen?

I have a sony DVP-S725P DVD player, a Panasonic HD685 VHS and a Thompson DTI2300 Freeview receiver. I plan to keep these, unless there is a huge problem with that.

I have a budget of 1500, but that may be adjustable if it's really close. I'm currently thinking of my current set up, a Denon AVR-1705 reciever and some Kef KHT 1005 surrround speakers.
    With the screen at 1000 from richer sounds, this totals to £1511. I'm sure there is something I have forgotten, or don't know about, for example terminal boards- what are these, and which should I get?
    http://www.av-sales.co.uk/plasma/html/panasonic_plasma_terminal_boar.html

I hope the above post makes sense, and thank you for any help recieved.

2. UKseless1

UKseless1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
  3. snafle

snafle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! I have come to the conclusion of a denon 1905 receiver, with all my stuff inputting into it, then going into a component in board on the plasma.

Are kef 1005's alright? They need to be small and attractive and less thatn 290 pounds. I've heard some good tihng about these, and some bad.

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    may be worth a look at the canton cd 1s for that budget.....look at the power buy section in the speakers forum here..Jake James sells them for about £240.....you can easily pay over £400 elsewhere in the UK