1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH42PWD6BX or Lg MZ42PZ45V

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by billgreenwood, Jan 4, 2005.

1. billgreenwood

billgreenwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well this Saturday I am going to get one of these screens from R sounds. But I'm a bit confused. I've been told that for a digital input (STB Telewest) that the Panny is a better bet over the LG. Lg better for an analogue signal.

I have seen these in anger side by side and for my old eyes the LG was a sharper pic and had better defination in the shadows.

Before I commit to the buying the wrong one can someone :lease: point me in the right direction.

TIA

BILL

2. skinnes

skinnes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm no expert but I did notice in that in several RS stores the PWD6 was always on its own in the window running a fuzzy Sky+ trailer picture, while everything else was inside running cartoon DVDs. As result, Panny looked soft and fuzzy. Salesman v.unkeen to connect it to a decent source for comparision.

Seems that RS are displaying Panny as loss leader but don't really want anyone to buy it (as commission too low?), and so talk them up....

3. grahamtriggs

grahamtriggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Bill, see my response to your other question.

The MZ-42PZ45V appears to be a commercial panel, and for domestic use doesn't appear to have any advantage over the RZ-42PX11 (in fact, it appears to have slightly weaker electronics for video feeds - but allows for vertical orientation for commercial installations).

The thing is, even RS do the RZ-42PX11 for less than the MZ... if you are going to consider an LG, it should really be the 42PX11.

4. Barend

Barend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Dunno abt any diff between BX and EX but I bought my TH42-PWD6EX (black unit although the front sometimes shows some colors {grin}) 16 months ago from some cellar seller near Duisburg Germany for silly money, and I still LOVE the pic.
    Only drawback of Pannies are the lousy support of PAL thru the DVI board.
    Barend

5. billgreenwood

billgreenwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking of going with the LG RZ-42PX11 (good advice graham - ta).

It is a shame that the Scart inputs are at the back. I'm going for a slimline wall mount from RS100 and feed the signal through the phono jacks at the base of the panel.

I am going to put the sound through my hifi system. Has anyone any experience with syncing between video pic and sound?

This a great forum, i'm so glad i found it :thumbsup: :clap:

b