1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH42PWD6 connections

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Tebo, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Tebo

Tebo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Guys, nice community you have here.

I am currently on the verge of buying a Panasonic TH42PWD6, and a Toshiba RD-XS32 DVD recorder. I will be needing to connect the above DVD recorder and also a Sky+ box.
    What video boards would you recommend I get for the Panny?
    Would it be best to connect the DVD via component to the screen and plug the Sky box into the DVD recorder?

I am not sure where to start with the audio side of things, so if anyone could point me the right direction on that I would be most happy.

Thanks
    Tebo

p.s. any pointers on where to buy the above kit would be good too. AV sales seem pretty good on the screen, but dont seem to list the DVD recorder.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    PW6 you can buy a lead to use the VGA input for component...... AV sales should do them.... I dont know if they stock TOSH......... drop them an email or give them a call... You eill also need a Good scart from SKY+ to TOsh recoder and component out from tosh to screen.... either use the VGA iput and get another board for genral use... (scart not great bit ok for a VCR etc) or another board.. Or get component board and keeep VGA free for use later..

3. Tebo

Tebo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks hornydragon.

I have been told that a PW6 linked to via a Denon AVR-2805 and plug the Sky+ into the denon via a JS box, and the DVDr into the denon directly. Plug the Denon to the screen using a component board. All plugged into a set on Canton CD1's.

what do you reckon to that setup? and is it worth considering the PW7 for the HDMI option? mainly for 2-3 years down the line I guess there will be a lot of kit with this on, and the PD6 wont be able to utilise it.

Is HDMI that much better than component to be worth thinking about an extra £400'ish

Are there any other AV receivers worth considering? I am looking to getting the speakers from Germany like many others have done.

Thanks for your help
    Tebo