1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH42PWD6 Connections

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by novicegeek, Sep 14, 2004.

1. novicegeek

novicegeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help!!
    I know this is a well discussed topic but I am thinking of buying a Panny TH42PWD6 from AV sales but unsure of the best connections/terminal board to get.

I have a Bose Lifestyle 8 system, a DVD player, freeview and possibly sky plus in the near future.
    Can anyone suggest the best connections for this setup.

Additionally, I wonder if any of you guys installed your plasma on a plasterboard wall. Is it easy to do????

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

:thumbsup:

2. richywiseman

richywiseman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DONT TAKE THIS AS PROFESSIONAL ADVICE, But I put my PWD6 on a plasterboard wall using 8 self screwing type of fixing(Metadriver) and it is solid you could probably swing on it (havent tried yet, but no doubt will when I next have a party). I put up all my radiators with them 3 years ago and they are still all there, and most of them way over 30Kg.

But as it is your 2K on the wall you will have to judge the risk yourself, it is only my opinion.

3. novicegeek

novicegeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi thanks! Did you fix it on the joists or just through plasterboard. If you did, you are a braver man than I am!!

Any suggestions on the connections? This is doing my head in!

4. richywiseman

richywiseman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did manage to get two screws into a wooden strap, but if I didn't it wouldn't have put me off I have great faith in these things, I put everything up with them...Light fitting, radiators, a whole kitchen even. They claim to be stronger than the plasterboard itself. Maybe someone knows what the maximum strength of 12mm plasterboard with 300mm centre strapping?

As for connections I use the scart (RGB) on the plasma connected to my sky digibox and my dvd connected to the sky box's vcr scart. I think the picture is good(compared to my old rear view projection toshiba) but I havent seen many plasma's. Most people I have read on here dont think this is the perfered method of connection, but I not into home cinema for the picture its all about the soundtrack to me.....everybodys different.