1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH42PW6 buyer (?0

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Stumpywhu, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Stumpywhu

Stumpywhu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Apologies for the stereotypical 'what should I buy...' post but I dont want to get my fingers burnt (yet again).

After reading this site for a while, I have decided to buy myself the Panasonic above as a crimbo prezzie for ME!
    It comes with a scart card and stand (in silver) for 1679 pounds.

Problem is that I dont want to buy it and find that I need to spend more money on extra cards (- I want to connect sky, a Denon DVD and PS2 to it), that it doesnt do all that I need (progressive scan etc) or that it isnt 'future proof' to some extent (HD compatible).

I realise its a dated model so wouldnt expect EVERYTHING, but as I said before - need it to do justice to the bits I already have, and be capable of doing what I need.
    ANY advice before I wave my credit card is GREATLY appreciated.
    Bryan.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    get the PW7 for the sme money ish at av-sales......more future proof silver and just as good wise suggest you get it with the dual slot board Component and S-video and do you have an AV amp? if not what are you going to do for sound?