Panasonic TH42PW5B & Stands

D

Dessz

General whinge and a request for suggestions

Went into Richer sounds on Saturday and ordered Panasonic TH42PW5B. Price they were asking for was £3499. When I pointed out the fact that their web site http://www.richersounds.com/index.php?f=itemlist.php&c=1801
was showing a price of £3299 they agreed to drop the price £200. So far so good.

Then I asked about the Stand TYST42PT3S - quoted a price of £150.

Now the delivery time for the plasma screen is Thursday 28th - all cool and dandy. However the stand delivery time is end of December.

I have trawled the web and found a cheaper supplier - http://www.avland.co.uk/panasonic/th42phw5/

However their lead time (that they are quoting) is mid December.

I am just wondering how Panasonic can have more screens than stands ? (It makes you wonder)

Also does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can stand (rather than wall mount) the plasma screen.

Cheers,

Des

Funny you say that EmpireDirect delivered my Panny 5 on Saturday, no stand. This order was placed 2 weeks ago.
After contacting them I have been informed that they are on order, and I should get mine within the next 7 days.
I went down Tottenham Court Road, they have them in stock but wanted £250. I paid £112. So I'll wait the week.

What is Panasonic up too....
:eek:

I too went to EmpireDirect and they sent me a black stand for my silver Panny. I looked into a replacement but it was going to be two weeks so I tried it out and it looked really good. ...so I kept it. Looks like Panasonic expect more people to wall mount than to stand.

Not all displays use the stand you refer to, some are wall mounted and others ceiling mounted. Try Sound & Vision, Bolton, they sell the silver Panasonic stand at £150.

panasonic dont make one stand for every panel they produce...as correctly pointed out other people make them and how do they know what the percentage of people wall mount and what percentage stand mount .....

the stand mounting stand is very sexy and looks good...so they sold more than they thought they would...now they are getting a shed load more produced...

dont know about the black stand on a silver panel though.....

Originally posted by Dessz
General whinge and a request for suggestions

Then I asked about the Stand TYST42PT3S - quoted a price of £150.
Des

OT, but will that stand be ok with the 37PW5 or does the number 42 in the model number indicate that it is only for the 42" model?

Nick 23, not sure, suggets you phone and ask.

Delta - Sound and Vision are out of them as well, no delivery date - cost £153.

Cadmeister - not sure about balck with silver - I have to get it past the other half, and the asthetics matter when dealing with a major bit of kit into the flat.

Have let Richer SOunds know about the cheaper offer - £120, and they promised to come back and match it. However it is grim radio silence from Richer Sounds at the moment.

Summary - looks like every one wants a panasonic plasma at the moment, you might get it but you will have fun trying to get stands for it.

I have the silver stand but I would have preferred the black version, it is less 'obvious' and would make the silver surroound screen appear to 'float', especially in low light.

Dessz - In fact it was the other half who thought it looked nice having the black stand - it emphasises the framing of the picture somehow, but, of course, it's highly subjective.

The stand is only for the 42 and the 50 - the 37 has a (presumably) smaller model.

Hi cadmeister,

I'd like to see what the above combination looks like!

Don't suppose you've access to a Digital camera to post a piccie?

Best Regards,
KBDVD.

KBDVD,

Here's the pic as requested. It's on a temporary bit of furniture - the eventual piece will be more discreet. As I said (before all the flames come in)...it's subjective, but I, and more importantly, my better half like it.

So this time the picture should be attached...

Attachments

• panny5.jpg
    panny5.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 700
Hi cadmeister,

Thanks for the piccie!....I think this combination does work, don't know if I prefer it or not though.

Actualy, I think the clean lines of the Panasonic screens look SO good that they'd still look fine propped up on an orange box!

Best looking screens in town IMHO,....on or off!

Best Regards,
KBDVD.

Purchased a Panasonic Plasma silver TH-42PW5B yesterday with SILVER table top stand or wall bracket included ,they "apparantly had loads in stock". I had next day delivery & helpful advice. I would recommend Paul at Visionary AV Solutions 0207 586 1909

Total package £3536

try here they do that screen at £3150 including the wall bracket and VAT.
also same screen without bracket £2999 here.
and TH-37PW4 for £2499 here (i've just bought this screen from this company and am really pleased with the screen and delivery was fast

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom