1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH42PW4B for 3K???

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by SpiderManPants, Apr 3, 2003.

1. SpiderManPants

SpiderManPants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen one of these babies for sale recently is it worth the asking price considering it is brand-new, includes delivery and 12 mth warranty, but no tuner?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

SMP

2. SpiderManPants

SpiderManPants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone??? :rolleyes:

3. lab

lab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    3k would seem to be a good price for this plasma.Bear in mind that it is a discontinued product replaced by the 5 series,however if you do a search on this forum you will find many people prefer the 4 series to the 5,apparently it has less "flicker".
    If you do decide on the 4 series after viewing it, I would suggest you be fairly quick as there are not many around anymore.
    Be aware of the suppliers reliability etc.
    So yes, it appears a good price given the current offerings in the marketplace but only you can decide if it is worth 3k of your money.

4. Party Animal

Party Animal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Add my tuppance
    I got the 4 series Panny about 6 months ago and am really pleased with it, the P/Quality is superb
    (with good source material)

I had not seen the 5 series....until this week, and I saw the flicker on the 5 straight away and must say found it distracting so if all the 5 series are afflicted with this problem

my advice would be buy the 4 series or the Pioneer MXE.. 50 incher if you can afford it

That is about my only regret about the 42" I bought, I wish I could of afforded the 50" model

the 42" model looked huge at first, but now we are used to it, I yanker for a 50" beastie