1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic TH42PV500B and samsung ps-42s5hx

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by edggie, Sep 8, 2005.

1. edggie

edggie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a problem here people. I have been looking at various threads about plasma televisions and have heard allot of good things about the panasonic TH42PV500B. Im still struggling to grasp what denotes a good picture??? They both have the same display resolution but the samsung ps-42s5hx has a 10000:1 contrast ratio and a output colour of 68 billion colours versus the panasonic 3000:1 contrast ratio and 8.6 billion colours. so doesn't that mean that the samsung will have a better picture? God please help im about to spend more money that I've got on a plasma and i don't want a dud!
    Cheers adam.

P.S. would the panasonic TH42PV500B be good for the ps3????????

2. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    contrast ratios mean ****. its all down to personal preference, get a dvd try it on both of them, if you like the picture on the samsung go for it, its probably about £700 cheaper than the panasonic, however its widely known that the Panasonic has much deeper blacks and also very good with sky. Its definitely a better TV, its all a question of wether you want to pay more for the TV.

Im paying £2259 for my panasonic or i could get the Samsung for £1500, I would rather have pretty much the best plasma on the market at the moment, im willing to pay more.

As for PS3 or Xbox 360 in my case, either TV will do it justice, just that perhaps, the Panasonic would do it better.

It all boils down to cost

3. edggie

edggie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks allot tscotsman! :thumbsup:

P.S. whats the difference by the way between a 42pv500b and a42pv500ped

4. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    42pv500ped is including the pedestal stand which is the one im waiting on. the 42pv500b is just the tv on its own. cab is cabinet, wal is wall bracket.