Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

panasonic TH42PV500 - TOSHIBA SD350E DVD & sKY digibox

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by TEDDYBASS, Sep 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. TEDDYBASS

TEDDYBASS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can anyone pleae run through the cables required to connect the TH42PV500 telly, DVD player and digibox and get the best picture sound

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    :hiya: and welcome to the forums :)

what connections do all your kit have?

3. TEDDYBASS

TEDDYBASS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the plasma has - HDMI, component, 3 scarts, audio L&R x2 and aerial in.
    the DVD player has digital optical, analog audio, HDMI and component, 1 scart and composite video out.
    The Sky box has left and right (audio ?), tv scart, vcr scart, rf out x2, rs232 ??, telephone line and dish input.
    I hnow HDMI is the obvious but a reveiw of the DVD player in what hi-fi said component was better.

4. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    I wouldnt take everything 'What Denon??' say to seriously. One mans meat is anothers poison as the saying goes. I would recommend the hdmi from dvd to plasma and also sound cables (analogue?) as i dont think HDMI gives sound only pictures.

Use a RGB enebled scart from the skybox to the RGB enebled scaart on the plasma for the best picture. I think www.play.com are still selling the Thor scart for £18 instead of £34 which is a bargain for a very good scart.