1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH42PV500 - No one has stock?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pbess, Aug 20, 2005.

1. pbess

pbess
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Does anyone know if any online retailers have the TH42PV500 in-stock? Every high-street and online shop seem to be quoting mid Sept as the soonest possible delivery date. Are there really none of these currently available in the UK!!! : :(

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +626
    And by that time the PHD8 will be out anyway.

3. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +678
    gizlaroc, you really are too biased towards panels.Some people quite like plasma TV's too, you seem to have a dig at the PV500 at every opportunity you can.

4. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont think its too biased, but it must be hard when you know that a panel will give the best results and people still insist on buying a "telly".

I wonder about the stock situation, is it really that bad or are Panasonic up to a trick used by a lot of manufacturers .

5. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +626
    I am biased towards the best picture mate, you are absolutely correct, I know a few of the guys have bought the PV500 because the PHD8 is not available yet, so now they are out of stock till september anyway, the HD8 is another option.

I do not have a dig at the PV500, I still think it is the best TV plasma ever, however it is not as good as the panels, that is fact, not bias.

I totally understand that sometimes we sacrafice a little quality for convenience, I have done it with multiple purchases, but come september there will be the option of the panels available, as well as the 436xde, and if they have sorted out the problems that the 435 has that may well become the best plasma TV.

In this game I don't think you can have favourite brands, quite simply the best screen is the best screen at the time, whether it be Panasonic, fujitsu, Pioneer, Hitachi, LG or whatever. And the problem with forums is when a new member joins they will always see threads regarding the current favourite and think that is the only screen worth considering, sometimes it is worth pointing out other options is it not?

I do really like the PV500 and definitely do not knock it at every opportunity, I have talked 2 friends into buying one, when they were considering the Hitachi and the Samsung (now they are poor screens!) and another mate into buying a PA50.

What I think alot of people find hard to accept is the PW7 at £1100 looks so much better than a PV500 at over £2k.

6. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +678
    People don't insist on buying a telly instead.I bought a PV500 because I wanted an all in one plasma, I did my research and realised that panels produce better results but I didn't want a panel as it was being used by my whole family and a panel would just have been too fiddly.

I'm just trying to say there are other reasons other than a slight difference in PQ when choosing a plasma, I've seen a few PW7's and I didn't think 'bloody hell the PQ on that is far better than my PV500'

7. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So an all in one plasma is'nt a telly?

8. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +678
    Of course it's a telly, Do you think I'm ashamed to admit the PV500 is a television, who care's what it is it's a fantastic piece of kit and It's a bit pathetic that some people look down on plasma TV's because they think they are not true AV gear.

9. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +626
    No one looks down on them, the PV500 is the best plasma TV there is. I don't think anyone has ever said they are not true av gear.

10. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Th pv500 is at the top of the tree at the moment for plasma tv's, no question.
    I have a 37 pe30 (telly) in the bedroom and i love it.

The point is when you strip out the twin tuners it allows for a better processor to be fitted , so panels produce better results.

When setup i dont think panels are any more "fiddly" to use for the family as its all contolled by the remote anyway, my wife and i struggle but the kids help out :)

Everything is a compromise, plasma technology isn't perfect by any means,
    but this indeed an AV forum and for people who want the best a panel it has to be.

11. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +626
    Haha excellent!

You are right, if I lived on my own I would have a 9" crt sat in the middle of the lounge, it is all about compromise.

I have one remote for sky and another for channel up on my scaler and volume on my processor, never ever touch the plasma remote, the £10 learning remote puts it into standby as well.

12. ddlooping

ddlooping

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    If only this was true. :)

P.S: unless you meant the way they both physically look, as opposed to the look of the images they display. In which case I'd probably agree. ;)

13. bowler

bowler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

14. Peabo

Peabo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I disagree, Samsung is pretty substandard from what I've seen. I thought it was good when I bought it, but I never knew other plasmas could look so much better! Dunno about Hitachi, I thought they were meant to be good!

15. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They are meant to be good,but only if youv'e bought one it seems.