1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH42PV500 connections to DVD player and Sky Digibox

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by TEDDYBASS, Sep 19, 2005.

1. TEDDYBASS

TEDDYBASS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am awaiting delivery of a panny TH42PV500 and a tosh SD 350E DVD player. I want to connect them up with my Sky Digibox to give the best picture and sound (obvious I suppose). I have managed to get hold of the panasonics installation manual but to me its not very clear. I know that in theory with both the panel and DVD player having HDMI ports that is the obvious connection. But just to confuse matters What Hi-Fi's recent reveiw recommends using the component outlets instead !!
    If I connect up using component leads what about the audio. Does the co-ax input deal with that or do I use the audio left and right ??
    Then there is my Digibox. That has scart for TV and VCR, RF in and out, dish input and the usual telephone line.
    I am hoping that my laughable ineptitude in sorting this out may prompt someone to take the time to explain the best way to set :lease: this up.
    Having spent a fortune on the kit I would like to get some decent cables. It would be nice to know I am going to buy the correct ones.

2. Peabo

Peabo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HDMI and component are very good quality, give both a try and see which you like better. If you connect your DVD up with component leads, you'll be using L/R phono inputs for audio.

Use SCART for the digibox, but make sure it's a fully wired RGB SCART cable and make sure the digibox it set to output RGB in the settings.

3. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,523
    The audio out to the plasma will supply only stereo to the plasma, you can also use the optical out to your amp for 5.1 sound.

The components that are recommended are from Mark Grant on the cabling forum. I haven't comapared to HDMI but component gives a very good picture.

4. sunil1234

sunil1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    i run my panney e85 into my pv500 using an ixos component cable and phonos (not set up my amp yet)

I tried running my pace sky+ box into the e85 using the component onky out of the e85 into the pv500 but found the picture quality was worse so i put it back to rgb scart into pv500 and left the dvd only connected via component.

Try it and see for yourself re the digibox.