Panasonic TH42PE50B fault any help would be appreciated.

lotustuned

Standard Member
Hi, i have a TH42PE50B, and it's broken. It will turn on for anywhere between 10 minutes and half an hour, then switch off. However it will then switch itself back on for another 10 minutes after a break of about 10 minutes.If anyone can give me any advice or point me to where to download the service manual for this TV it'd be very appreciated.
Just to note, it has no warranty.
Thanks, Andy.

hornydragon

Why no Warranty?
And no warranty doesnt mean the retailer/Manufacturer have no obligation to you........

Taz69

Hi m8, how long out of warranty is the TV, cant be that long as the TV is not that old model number wise, if you brought it from a [email protected] dealer, then I would give them a try they are normally very helpful even thou goods are out of warranty this doesnt mean that the customer gets charged all the time, Panasonic are very good with out of warranty claims, I do custom installs for 3 of them and they are very helpful.

Hope this helps

Taz

lotustuned

Standard Member
Cheers for the advice taz, i've already spoken to them and unfortunately they aren't willing to help out, apart from directing me to the nearest service center which charge £50 call out and £20 for fixing it on the spot, or if they can't do that £50 call out plus £20 plus whatever it'll cost em in the shop (parts, labour etc), so i'd prefer to see if i can fix it without spending that amount of money. By the way if anyone has a money tree they'd like to lend me i'd be most gracious.
Thanks, Andy.