1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH42PE30B - problem with free view

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by buzzby, May 2, 2005.

1. buzzby

buzzby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am having a few problems on a couple of the free view channels.

On both music channels and men and motors i am getting image coruption and loss of sound. The image doesn't bother me too much but the sound cutting out for a second does.

Is anyone else having this problem or is it just the weather messing up the signal

2. ukdan

ukdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Probably just the weather, some storms brewing i think. Whats your signal strengh like?

3. buzzby

buzzby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    how can you check signal strengh?

As far as i know all of the other channels are fine. Its just sods law that the ones i watch the most are affected

4. mr_incredible

mr_incredible

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Basically Freeview is a b***h. It depends so much on your signal strength. I used to sell Freeview at my old job and even when people did a signal check on their post code they still came back and said some channels were breaking up!

First thing to do is make sure your in a "full coverage" area. Go here, enter your post code and check the coverage:

http://www.freeview.co.uk

If it comes out as you can recieve it then its either the roof ariel you have is a bit old or needs upgrading to a Wideband ariel OR your just unlucky at the time of viewing and like ukdan said severe weather does effect it. If the result comes back that you cannot recieve the signal then you've been lucky and have a good ariel that can pick it up but the break up in channels is something you'll have to live with as according to them you should'nt be able to view it anyway!

Hope that helps!

5. buzzby

buzzby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL

i think that website is out of date as it says i cannot get freeview FULL STOP.

I will have a mess about with the arial and see if that helps.

Would a booster help?

6. mr_incredible

mr_incredible

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Booster would maybe help. Its usually at the source ie your ariel thats the problem though. Boosters have worked in the past though so definately give it a go!