1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH42PE30

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by zugara, Dec 30, 2004.

1. zugara

zugara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    can anyone help. Bought and had delivered the panny th42pe30 from Currys in southampton. They installed the unit and walked away. Later on i was watching a recording from my panny dvd recorder and the tv went off,total "power up "time about 40 mins. blew out the 5a fuse and took out the 16 amp circuit breaker, i replaced the fuse, reset the trip, same thing happened only yhis time the tv wont switch on and is dead. question is do i tell currys to take it away, or get it repaired, or shop elsewhere for a new one?
    Anyone else had this happen to them? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Tesla

Tesla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    My first point of call would be Currys.

This is very unlucky but things like this do unfortunately happen. Why did you pay Curry's to install it by the way?

3. mooncat

mooncat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    youll be wanting a new one mate. well within your rights. certainly wouldnt want a unit repairing this new wold you.

4. zugara

zugara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i was told that the tv MUST NOT tilt more than 30 degrees either way, and if i installed it myself i would have to sign a disclaimer to say if it worked in the shop and not at home i would not be covered by the insurance. :mad:

5. zugara

zugara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well no. i have been informed by an independent tv sales company that plasmas should not be touched with a barge pole :eek: What is the best route to take. i want a large screen tv and have about £3400 to spend. can anyone suggest what and where to buy plz?