1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PANASONIC TH42PE30 connection cable choices

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by finden, Nov 22, 2004.

1. finden

finden
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just received my Panasonic TH42PE30 Viera plasma I have connected it all up and the picture quality seems ok...but what is the best way for me to get the best picture possible.
    I have Sky+ and a basic dvd player ( this weekend i will be buying a progressive scan dvd player and a JVC TH-SW8 system)
    What cables should i buy to get the best out of my setup...any ideas would be grateful :thumbsup:

Currently using scarts to connect the 2 up to the plasma......also i read somewhere that the screen should be set to *run in the screen* anyone know what settings i should be setting it to ?

2. Twilliams

Twilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. happyh

happyh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    finden, I have a viera, sky and Pany E55 DVDr and get great results. 100% happy.
    Lots of peoples ideas, and mine, on connections have been well discussed on this forum. Try a couple of searches here.
    Will be pleased to answer specific questions .

Here's something to think on though. My E55 is a reasonable , mid range , piece of kit. Was supplied with the screen. I have it connected to the screen via Comp cables. But I now run it with progressive scan OFF. The picture is a little better this way. Th experts here say that the deinterlacer in the viera is better than the one in the E55.And that only a very good,top of the range, dvd will have a better deinterlacer than the viera. So before you spend out on a prog scan dvd, I suggest you ask the forum.
    Hope this helps

4. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    I'd agree with this. I have a Viera & E85 and find that pq is better when progressive is turned off. Before I got the screen I wanted to make sure the dvd player had progressive scan but how did I know the de-interlacer of the Viera would be so good!

I think you'd have to spend significantly extra to get a better pq through progressive!