1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH42PA50E no sound

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by krakenn, Jun 17, 2005.

1. krakenn

krakenn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help please just got PA50e I can't seem to get audio from built in tuner it works fine through sky box and dvd recorder but not through its own tuner have i got a duff one?

2. leeboy22001

leeboy22001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    In the manual does it say in the spec what PAL tuner standard its compatible with? it may not be setup for PAL-I (UK standard, I is the audio sub-carrier frequency)

3. krakenn

krakenn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry but i'm new to this but would that be under Receiving Systems/Band Name
    If so its says PAL B,G,H SECAM B,G SECAML/L
    and PAL D,K SECAM D,K
    in the tuner setup there is no listing for UK just europe it tunes to all channels though but no sound just a loud hiss

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You mean you have no UK listed in initial setup? If so that is the cause, and someone has probably flogged you a euro import. Before blowing them to oblivion, check the country list carefully for 'Britain', England, UK, Great Britain etc just to be sure. I've seen the no sound issue before, Leeboy is bang on, it's the country which is causing this.

5. krakenn

krakenn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is the european model and the UK is not listed in the setup I bought this model because it was much cheaper and I already had sky but I didnt realise i wouldnt be able to use the analogue tuner though OH WELL lesson learnt is there anything i can do ???

6. leeboy22001

leeboy22001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I guess thats why it was so cheap... saying that I would contact the seller and ask for a refund, don't even tell the seller you use sky and that you only use analogue terrestial. put on the sob story. You could just re-package it and send it back "unused". It depends how important picking up terrestial TV is to you!?? re-selling the TV would possibly be difficult too.

7. krakenn

krakenn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could i run freeview through it as well as sky and the dvd recorder as i have a spare digibox. I just need an alternative set of channels for when i'm recording

8. leeboy22001

leeboy22001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    i use a freeview dvr dhd4000 via RGB and it works a treat :D actually better than the built-in freeview receiver with the same setup :eek:

9. krakenn

krakenn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I,m looking to do the dvd through component and then sky and freeview through scarts would that work ?? which scarts for which though does it matter I have had to put my new toy away because the missus has got me decorating I have three scarts spare AV1 (rgb) AV2 and (AV3) rgb

10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I didnt realise they had dropped PAL-I from the PA50 thats going to cause alot of issues for some resellers!!!!!!

11. leeboy22001

leeboy22001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    AV1 and AV4 are both RGB inputs so would use them both for freeview and sky. if you have component output on DVD player then go through component input :) sorted

12. krakenn

krakenn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all your help
    I will let you know how it turns out in a week or so when the missus lets me play again

13. krakenn

krakenn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK............... a man on the phone told me how to get the sound on by going into the channel editor and changing the SYS setting to SC2
    I am now a happy bunny