1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH42PA30 or Hitachi 42PD5200

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nobbly, Jan 15, 2005.

1. nobbly

nobbly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    HI there,
    I'm living in France and would like to buy a Plasma TV. I have visited the french versions of Comet and Curries and they have come up with the following offers within my budget.

Panasonic TH42PA30 (demo model) with table stand and wall mount. €2781 which is around £2000 (with 2 years garantie)

OR
    Hitachi 42PD5200 New for €2799 which is around with 2 years garantie.

The hitichi has just been reduced by €1200 (£850)

my feeling for this price is the Hitichi but I would like some help from all the plasma experts out there first.
    I have seen people who have order the tv and than asked if it any good or not....

Many thanks

nobbly :hiya:

2. saintalan

saintalan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Try The Hitachi Thread

3. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Have you seen the picture on both sets? Go see them and then get the one you prefer with the better image quality. There lots of happy Viera (TH42PA30) and Hitachi owners on the forum so both sets can deliver but they do produce quite different images and nobody on the forum will be able to guess which one you would find more appealing. Both have a core following. No prizes for guessing which I prefer :p

*EDIT* I would stay away from that particular 'demo model' Viera though as you will not know how the TV has been abused in store... i.e. it's probably been left on Dynamic mode and left fixed to a single channel during its in store life. Better to buy new IMHO.

S.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    theirfeu is anothe french member who has debated theis topic recently (wonder if he has made a decision yet??) try searching for his threads....