1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic th42pa20 switching itself off

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by lennyg, Mar 13, 2004.

1. lennyg

lennyg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My panasonic th42pa20 plasma screen has started switching itself to some sort of standby mode from which I cannot restart it from the remote unless I switch it off from the main on/off button.... any ideas or should I be worried???? It's only 3 months old. It seems to happen after about an hour and there is no timer set to do such ( and even if there was I should be able to turn it back on from the remote which I can't) HELP!

2. Orlando

Orlando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    This is a known problem with both this model and the 37" version. New ones have had the problem rectified. Apparently it is a small component that needs changing and a relatively easy repair, but it does need repairing.

3. lennyg

lennyg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that info, though should I be worried as my screen is only 12 weeks old?

4. Orlando

Orlando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    No, on the contrary at least it is still under warranty. This is purely a switching problem, there is nothing wrong with the screen and once repaired you should no further problems.
    I have read about this as I am considering the 37" version myself.
    Apart from the switching problem, what are your thoughts on the picture quality of the screen.

5. lennyg

lennyg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't really faulty the picture quality.... it's what you would expect for the money paid. What it esentially boils down to is the quality of the input into it. Terrestrial through the tuner is ropey, but that's down to the quality of my ariel, digital feeds are near flawless, though there is still inherent blockiness in some sky transmissions. I think it's a good tv ( apart from my problems that prompted the initial posting!)