1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH42PA20 Keeps Turning Off!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mls8, Mar 19, 2005.

1. mls8

mls8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently, my Pansonic TH42PA20 has taken to just turning off by itself. When it does, the red light starts blinking. When I try to hit the power button on the TV, it does nothing. The only way I can get it to turn back on is to unplug it and re-plug it in.

Any ideas??

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Your power supply board is failing. It's a known fault, I'd try for a warranty repair even if it's a month or 2 outside the year.

3. mls8

mls8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you soooooooo much! My fear is that I explain a problem to a technician and they dismiss me because I can't duplicate the problem. I'm glad that this is a known defect b/c I should have an easier time having the warranty honored.

4. sergiuvlad

sergiuvlad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, did you end up getting this fixed? I am very close to buying an older plasma (Nec 50PV1) with a bad power board. I was wondering how much your repair was, how long it took etc.

Thanks,
    Sergiu

5. mls8

mls8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a 3-year extended plan from Circuit City for $700 and I assume it will be covered. If I get a bill break-down I will let you know. They are coming next week to take a look at it.

MAW -- (or whomever can answer) -- My TV is bolted to the wall, is fixing the power board something that they can fix in my apartment or will they need to take it down to the shop and bring it back?

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    in the UK they often fit a new PSU onsite 20 min job, not worth carting it away for that!!! as for the NEC board get a quote before you buy it may not as simple as the panny!