1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH42-PHD7 Owners Comments

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by 1ofaKind, Jan 16, 2005.

1. 1ofaKind

1ofaKind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi All,

I've read the thread on here and on avsforums regarding the 42" HD 7 series having issues with black levels changing / brightness etc..

Can any UK owners confirm they have had these problems and if so what have you done about it (if you can do anything). If you have not had problems what sort of connections are you using.

Cheers

2. 1ofaKind

1ofaKind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi All,

I know there is a thread regarding brightness issues on HD7's but my question is still - how many happy owners are there with no problems - if so what setups have you got.

For the unhappy people with problems how are you resolving the problem? (have you got nice dealers who will take them back or is it a case of 2.5k down the toilet?) :mad: I am reluctant to get the HD7 over the SD7 if I'm going to have loads of issues - its a right pain as the HD7 makes more sense for my viewing distance, better PC resolution etc.

Any feedback would be fab :lease:

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You need to see one run. Mine's noticeable if you look for it, but as you can see, it's not a biggie, nobody is that hot under the collar about it. Mine is run from a scaler on VGA, not sure if that makes a difference. The folks in the states who were whingeing big time were using s-video. Seems a bit of a waste on a HD panel, except for PinP perhaps. Not that I'm snobby about it, s-vid is not bad.