Panasonic TH37PX80B - adjusting Overscan and Service Menu settings.

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Toucanjunky, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Toucanjunky

Toucanjunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been watching my new Panasonic TH37PX80B with Overscan turned off to give me the largest image available - the main problem this throws up is the reasonably well documented intermittent thin white edges due to slight errors in the broadcast output.

I managed to search out this thread on the Panasonic 46PZ80 which gives a clear method for adjusting picture settings on Panasonic plasmas using the Service Menu.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-televisions/806035-panasonic-46pz80-overscan.html

To enter the Service Menu I press and hold -/V on the set and then press 0/VCR on the remote three times. This works fine and the Service Menu appears.

My problem is that I only seem to be able to adjust the Service Menu for the internal TV Freeview source. When I select AV1 which is my Freeview Recorder connected by a Scart cable and then access the Service menu the screen immediately switches back to the internal TV Freeview source.

My main question is, is it possible to have different Service menu settings for different input sources?

My internal Freeview source fits the screen pretty well and only needs a tiny tweak but my external Freeview recorder source needs a bit more adjustment.

Cheers

Chris

2. mwardy

mwardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    You can select the input within the service menu. I think you have to hit AV when you're in there. I'm not sure this means you have different settings for different inputs--in fact I don't think it does--but if you have to compromise it's obviously better to have no lines showing on anything.

The internal tuner is not of the best anyway, in my experience, so if it ends up with more overscan it's not much of a loss. :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009