Panasonic TH37PX80 burn in and settings help

stevo3012822011

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys can you all give me sum advice and help ive decided to buy the Panasonic TH37PX80 but ive got a few concerns.

My partners dad has this plasma 37" inch and ive tryed my ps3 on it and it looks amazing but im worried about this burn in and stuff im going to be playing mainly cod4 and fifa i probebly play for about 3-4 hours a night maybe 5 ights a week and and possibles up to 8 hours ago in one day but not all in one go can you tell me is burn in something i should be worrying about and can u prevent and also ive haeard if you set ur tv up differently for the firts 200 hours it helps can you get burn in watching tv programmes and old dvds which are in 4:3 im r concernd about this any info or help would be much appreciated.

When i first get th tv does it mean i cnt play the ps3 for 4 hours a day at first casue of this burn in ive hard sum plasma have anti burn ? sorry if the threads really lng its just abig concern for me the guy in my local shop said tht panasonics are ok they are good for not getting anti burn and also if i leave my tv on for 10 mins at night and in the morning on just static with the aerial out tis helps/prevents burn in any help or advice would be great thanks steve

Hi guys can you all give me sum advice and help ive decided to buy the Panasonic TH37PX80 but ive got a few concerns.

My partners dad has this plasma 37" inch and ive tryed my ps3 on it and it looks amazing but im worried about this burn in and stuff im going to be playing mainly cod4 and fifa i probebly play for about 3-4 hours a night maybe 5 ights a week and and possibles up to 8 hours ago in one day but not all in one go can you tell me is burn in something i should be worrying about and can u prevent and also ive haeard if you set ur tv up differently for the firts 200 hours it helps can you get burn in watching tv programmes and old dvds which are in 4:3 im r concernd about this any info or help would be much appreciated.

When i first get th tv does it mean i cnt play the ps3 for 4 hours a day at first casue of this burn in ive hard sum plasma have anti burn ? sorry if the threads really lng its just abig concern for me the guy in my local shop said tht panasonics are ok they are good for not getting anti burn and also if i leave my tv on for 10 mins at night and in the morning on just static with the aerial out tis helps/prevents burn in any help or advice would be great thanks steve

You should be ok to play your ps3 on it but with low contrast and brightness settings and out of dynamic mode
i got mine last week and played my xbox 360 on it for just over an hour and could not see any image retention by the end .
but i think 4 hours may be a bit much, 2 hours at a time should be ok

I don't know the games mentioned, but the problem is more likely with a dashboard that is fixed and solid. If the whole picture is constantly changing, there will be no problem whatsoever.

You can use a plasma for gaming, no problem. But you need to take some sensible precautions. As you said, lower settings are advisable for the first couple of hundred hours. The manufacturers say there's no need, but it doesn't hurt, IMO.
Another good one is to limit play to about 30 mins and then pause the game while you put something else on for say, 5 mins just to get things moving again, then go back to your game.
Bit of a pain, but better safe than sorry.
Don't let me put you off though, as burn is extremely rare, these days.

To clarify, by "something else", I mean another channel, not pause the game and leave it on-screen :suicide:

You could always download this tool. I got my 42" px last week and have been running it for 52 hours so far. I intend to run it for approx 300 before watching any tv/films/ps3. I have it set up on my kitchen table as I still have my old crt in the living room. I run it at night for 13 hours at a time. Once the panel is set up I will continue to run it every other night for a few months I reckon.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=583089

My TV’s a couple of weeks old now and I recently run Avia and Digital Video Essentials through it to set it up, this is by no means a pro calibration but the difference in picture quality is like night and day. There is a lot of talk about screen burn on these plasmas but with these settings I can’t ever see it being a problem as they’re so low.

Here’s a pic of my TV’s picture menu, give those values a try to see what you think…

tvsettingsdr0.jpg

:thumbsup:

You really dont need to go to all this trouble for running in a plasma, theres no need to leave it on over night or anything. Simply turn the brightness and contrast down for the first few hundred hours if your concerned. I started watching 2.35:1 films from day 1 and it caused no problems.

on your picture you have put up it shows you have the p-nr setting off ive been told that this can help with burn in as it keeps the pixels moving doyou no if the tv has any anti burn in settings or a wash feature im getting the 37" also if you leave your tv on a static channel for 10mins morning and night this can help with burn in and it gets rid of image retention

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom