Panasonic TH37PX70B - Does it support HDMI 1.3?

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by unclepabs, May 7, 2007.

1. unclepabs

unclepabs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, well I find myself with an expired 28" JVC CRT & am looking to take the Plasma plung! I've been searching for the best entry products & have found the Panasonic TH37PX70B seems to shine from the rest, I have one question though, will it run using HDMI 1.3 connectivity? The reason I ask is that Trustedreviews.com make a reference that the set has quote "twin HDMI ports (HDMI 1.3 no less)" this is where I read this info:- http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/review/2007/05/02/Panasonic-Viera-TH-37PX70-37in-Plasma-TV/p1
    Can anyone confirm the HDMI capabilities of this set? I have emailed Panasonic & will post their responce in this thread. Any info on your own views / experiances / satisfaction will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks for reading.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    I don't think so, but even if it did, what on earth for? 1.3 has no advantage any current display or source can take advantage of. What are you wanting to do, send DTS-MA to your grotty 2 channel speakers? Deep colour, I hear you ask? You can't see it, your plasma can't display it. 1.3 in a disc player and an AV amp might be fun to have, but still not needed. In a display, nearly pointless.

3. merlinski

merlinski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It wouldn't hurt to be friendly and less 'funny' with your response.

OP - I believe it is HDMI 1.3 equipped, but as our sarcastic distinguished member of over 12 thousand posts pointed out, unless you have a specific requirement for it, it may not really count for much.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Sarcastic indeed, about HDMI 1.3 and the marketing spin used to peddle it to an ingenuous public. Another pointless method of extracting your cash. Yours, not mine, my 'retailer' tag seems to have done a runner, sorry. There is a growing thread on HDMI 1.3 and BD/HD-DVD in the HD player forum. If you can understand it, it will show how totally pointless it is, if your understanding is limited, it will at least show that you personally don't have to worry about it.

5. choddo2006

choddo2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +542
    Ah this PDF from Anthem on the subject, linked from that thread, is an excellent summary. I'm going to add it to the FAQ sticky in here.

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Excellent document, it's nice to be backed up in such an authoritative fashion. However, I think it's worth poining out that you can live your life, currently, without HDMI at all, and still enjoy HD sound and pictures to the full, if you have chosen the right equipment. HDMI is not about video and audio quality, it's about hollywood paranoia. Not that paranoids don't have enemies of course. HDMI for audio is not perfect, jitter is a potentially serious problem. There's a good case for analogue audio out from your HD source.