Panasonic TH37PX70 vs ... (again)

D

drmc

Hello All,

First - apologies if i should be reading through some other posts first.. Believe me, i have read through some and my head is completely squashed and i have a dilemma..

I was after getting an LCD or Plasma TV - 37in to 42in although the size doesnt matter (;) as i am interested in picture quality.
The majority of my viewing at present is SD - and the HD will be following within the next year or so. That in muy at the store said ind, i need a set which copes with SD the best.

So i got to reading some reviews and it seems the Panasonic TH37PX70 was the one to go for. All good? no..

I went to currys (and comet) today and had a look at the picture on the set - which was pretty poor. I then had a look at a samsung model (LE37R87BDX) and this looked much better. Whats more.. the guy at the store said i should go for LCD..

Still wanting to get a plasma because of the reviews although i'm not sure now if there is a better TV available - for £800 (approx)..

I was wondering if you guys could politely inform me on which TV i should go for? or if you could suggest one which stands out from the crowd? (within mytrampy budget of course... he he)...

:lease:

PS - any questions - please ask!!

Hiya,

I would go for the th42px70 over a samsung. Friend had samsung sent it back (twice) and had panasonic

That my opinion anyway..

J

They are rarely set up correctly in shops like Currys/Comet so it's difficult to use that as a true comparison of one model over another.

The PX70 certainly has good reviews and Panasonic have always produced good plasmas - a lot of other manufacturers use their panels and have done for a while.

I have just ordered a 37PX70 for the kitchen. I was originally looking for a 32" LCD but couldn't get over the fact that they were so 'fat' compared to plasma and, in my opinion, plasma represented better value for money for what I was after.

Whether you go for LCD or Plasma is personal preference. I prefer a Plasma's picture to LCD but some prefer LCD.

I doubt you would be disappointed with PX70. I've had a 42" Fujitsu for about 3 years (it has a Panasonic Glass) and I still love it:thumbsup:

Hello All,

First - apologies if i should be reading through some other posts first.. Believe me, i have read through some and my head is completely squashed and i have a dilemma..

I was after getting an LCD or Plasma TV - 37in to 42in although the size doesnt matter (;) as i am interested in picture quality.
The majority of my viewing at present is SD - and the HD will be following within the next year or so. That in muy at the store said ind, i need a set which copes with SD the best.

So i got to reading some reviews and it seems the Panasonic TH37PX70 was the one to go for. All good? no..

I went to currys (and comet) today and had a look at the picture on the set - which was pretty poor. I then had a look at a samsung model (LE37R87BDX) and this looked much better. Whats more.. the guy at the store said i should go for LCD..

Still wanting to get a plasma because of the reviews although i'm not sure now if there is a better TV available - for £800 (approx)..

I was wondering if you guys could politely inform me on which TV i should go for? or if you could suggest one which stands out from the crowd? (within mytrampy budget of course... he he)...

:lease:

PS - any questions - please ask!!

I had the Samsung you referred to and now I have the Panny - so much better :smashin:

Mate the 37px70 is awesome. Just buy, you wont be dissapointed. I use for SD tv (via virgin cable) and its sweet.

I'm another TH37px... Got mine 2 weeks ago and i'm well happy got it from empire direct for £707!! with ped stand and 3yrs guarentee useing cashback site and money off voucher......BRILLIANT.

Share the info magners, share the info.
Was that delivered or just the TV and pedestal only?

A guy in either Currys or Comet recommended an LCD for SDTV? On what basis? They tend not to be able to differentiate their rectum intestinum from their elbow. I wouldn't pay much attention.

Just get the Panny, it's much better at SD and very good at HD too. The only time an LCD is really justifiable is when you've got a lot of light in the room & reflections are an issue.

By the way drmc, welcome :) and you can edit your posts I think even as a new member.

Hi PJSKEL

Try this link,Its the Empire Direct one Useing the 10percentoff code plus i picked mine up locally so no delivery charge also got £12 back from moneyback (google it).You need to buy their card which is £20 to get the 3yrs guarentee.

h**p://www.plasma-tv-prices.co.uk/compare-prices/Panasonic-TH37PX70-Ped-Stand.html?gclid=CJLw8bXlsI4CFQNtMAodvWecIA

drmc, I'm glad that you've asked this question as it is one that I am actively wrestling with. One of the downsides of plasma displays, that I percieve, is that PC images are not rendered correctly because the pixel ratio is XGA and not WXGA.

I have seen the Sharp LC-37RD2E showing SD pictures in a shop and it looked very good too! It didn't seem to have any of the blurriness of many LCDs and the blacks were decent.

Has anyone else an opinion on this screen?

ggggrrrrrrrrrrr, it really winds me up when people say LCDs are better than Plasmas...........Just look at the damn thing, it's obvious!!!! I hate the idiots in these stores

Hi PJSKEL

Try this link,Its the Empire Direct one Useing the 10percentoff code plus i picked mine up locally so no delivery charge also got £12 back from moneyback (google it).You need to buy their card which is £20 to get the 3yrs guarentee.

h**p://www.plasma-tv-prices.co.uk/compare-prices/Panasonic-TH37PX70-Ped-Stand.html?gclid=CJLw8bXlsI4CFQNtMAodvWecIA

Oh thank you very much, just ordered mine that way, they took the discount code and got the 3 year all in deliver £724 :clap::clap::clap:

So happy, thanks

Oh thank you very much, just ordered mine that way, they took the discount code and got the 3 year all in deliver £724 :clap::clap::clap:

So happy, thanks

Nice one!! you will not be disappionted its a brilliant screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom