• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TH37PX70 Buzzing

sibleyj

Standard Member
I've had my panny just under a year now. The first one had to be replaced due to the infamous 'clicking' problem, and now it's started buzzing.

It has always made a buzzing noise but it was always very quiet and you couldn't hear it sat away from the tv, just when you stood right up close. Now the buzzing has got to a whole new level and I can hear it above tv programmes. The annoying thing is that the missus can't hear it at all. It's fine at first, but as soon as it starts warming up it gets louder. It also varies in pitch when the screen image changes.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers

Marcos

I have the same set, mine is only 4 months old but i have not noticed the buzzing or clicking. That said, the 360 is loud so it might be covering it up.

do you have warranty?

sibleyj

Standard Member
I have the same set, mine is only 4 months old but i have not noticed the buzzing or clicking. That said, the 360 is loud so it might be covering it up.

do you have warranty?

Yes, I got it from John Lewis so it has a 5-year warranty.

It can't be normal. It has been fine for almost a year but now it's really obtrusive. Think I'll give them a call.

Thanks

Marcos

Yes, I got it from John Lewis so it has a 5-year warranty.

It can't be normal. It has been fine for almost a year but now it's really obtrusive. Think I'll give them a call.

Thanks
I have the 5yr warranty too and thats what i'll do as soon as i hear too much clicking or buzzing for my liking

lsparkes

Standard Member
I've exactly the same TV, purchased in July 07. It has worked perfectly for nearly a year...until it started buzzing at the weekend :(

Sounds like a electrical-transformer-power type noise. It changes frequency depending upon the image on the screen at the time.

Looked on the panasonic website, got the number for my local authorised repair centre. Called them yesterday and they said that a circuit board needs replacing. They said if i still have the original receipt (which I do) the work can be done under the original 1yr warranty.

They are coming to take it away on Friday. A weekend without TV...time to get back out into the sunshine :cool:

sibleyj

Standard Member
I've exactly the same TV, purchased in July 07. It has worked perfectly for nearly a year...until it started buzzing at the weekend :(

Sounds like a electrical-transformer-power type noise. It changes frequency depending upon the image on the screen at the time.

Looked on the panasonic website, got the number for my local authorised repair centre. Called them yesterday and they said that a circuit board needs replacing. They said if i still have the original receipt (which I do) the work can be done under the original 1yr warranty.

They are coming to take it away on Friday. A weekend without TV...time to get back out into the sunshine :cool:

Only a weekend without TV!!! When I first had a problem with my set John Lewis wanted it for 2 weeks....and I'd only just got it. They weren't even going to give me a loan set. Anyway...I think a weekend is quite good going. Glad to hear that you're getting it resolved. Now....to get mine sorted!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom