Panasonic TH37PX60B Recording Problems

Herb71

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a panasonic TH37PX60B plasma screen and have a problem recording to VCR with the TV in standby. The VCR just records a black screen, ie no signal. All is ok when the TV is switch on and the VCR records normally.

It appears that the timer does not activate the internal DVB to switch on when the TV is in standby.

I have tried a search here and it appears I am not alone but I could not find a solution to this. Hopefully someone can help as this is driving me to distraction. So far I have tried every possible configuration in the settings menu. The TV also seems to be on the latest software level.

Herb!

you have to set the timer via the epg on the tv. then as long as the scart settings are correct then the orange light will come on on the tv leaving the dvb tuner on when the recording is required and controlling the vcr to record.

martin

Saggy said:
you have to set the timer via the epg on the tv. then as long as the scart settings are correct then the orange light will come on on the tv leaving the dvb tuner on when the recording is required and controlling the vcr to record.

martin

Hi Martin,

I have tried this from the EPG and the orange light is lit on the front panel together with the red standby light, however at the right time the orange light just goes off. The manual says that is will flash when the DVB is active.

Scart settings appear OK as I can record with the TV on from AV2 or 3.

what make etc is the vcr and what av's you using?. also is the tv's av/smartlink setting set to output dvb? and is the scart a fully wired type?

martin

Scart is fully wired. Just to be sure I have tried different scart leads as well but with no change.

VCR is an older Phillips VR686. Its old but works fine just for timeshifting the odd program so have never had a need to change. It is not compatible with q-link or similar.

Scart is connected at the moment to AV3 (have tried AV2 as well) and AV3 is set to output DVB.

Not sure what you mean by 'what av's you using?.'

Hi Herb....i'm having the exact same problem and cannot find a solution.

The only problem with your set up, is that you say that your VCR is not compatible with "Q-Link" or similar. I think that in order for this DVB timer procedure to work, the VCR does need to be compatible with one of the "link" systems. My VCR is a Sony which features Smartlink.....having said all that, mine still doesn't work!!!??? :(

Anyone got any other ideas?

Just a thought= if the PX is outputting RGB I doubt the VCB would accept

hi there the vcr or what ever is recording has to be q link compatible. the only way you shoul dbe able to do it is to set the timer on both items then the tv should come on and do its stuff while the video does its.

hope that helps

martin

leeb said:
No offence, but I can't believe you're using a vcr with a plasma! :eek:

None taken.

I only use the VCR for very occasional timeshifting, but it looks like its had its day now. I think Sky + is the order of the day.

Herb.

leeb said:
No offence, but I can't believe you're using a vcr with a plasma! :eek:

Ditto.

Get yourself a HD Recorder (Use a Humax Freview PVR myself) and works quite a treat with my Panny:smashin:

What is a VCR???:eek:

Only joking. Sorry.:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom