Panasonic TH37PX600 Buzzing on White Picture

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by ABP, Aug 2, 2006.

1. ABP

ABP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just got my Plasma and i think it is great. I have had it about a week now and have just started noticing a buzzing sound.

When there is a lot of white on the screen it seems to be worse.

Has any body else had this problem, and if so what did you find was the solution?

I have reduced the contrast and brightness and running in Cinema Mode but the buzzing is still there on bright images or if i use the scan banner on Sky.

The Wife has not yet noticed but I will be in for it if the "Too Big" new Telly now has a fault!!

Many thanks

ABP

2. Surfblob

Surfblob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a TH42PX600 and have noticed a high pitched buzz when switched to any AV channel, even with no SCARTs connected. No problem when using the inbuilt Freeview receiver. Don't know if this is typical or if there is a solution. :(

3. Lin3ar

Lin3ar
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    I have the 37PX60 and this also has the same buzz.When a plasma has to show a white screen, this is when it is using its peak power (unlike LCDs which use the same amount of power no matter what is on screen)
    I can only really hear mine when I lower the volume at night when everybody is in bed.If you can hear yours from your viewing position at normal volume then it might be worth getting somebody out to look at it.

As far as I am aware, all Plasmas buzz.Just some worse than others.

Do a search of "plasma buzz" and see how many hits you get:eek:

4. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    How far do you sit? I haven't heard any buzzing on my 42PX600 so far.