Panasonic th37px60 vs Toshiba 37WL66

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Dunc72, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Dunc72

Dunc72
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My CRT is on its way out and I have identified these 2 TVs as potential replacments. I play a few DVDs, very litle PS2 games now, but watch a lot of sport. I am alittle concerned that the LCD TV (Toshiba) may be slightly worse than the Panny in terms of PQ and wanted to know what everyone's thoughts were.

37" seem to be the ideal size as we will sit around 4m from screen

I have tried going into stores to have a look but the TVs have not been set up correbtly and atre displaying v poor pictures.

Also can anyone tell me the differences between these two machines in terms of sound?

If you have any other possibilites in terms of TV please let me know, as I am becoming more and more confusded

2. vman2003

vman2003
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For PS2 gaming on 37" panny really sucks big time. Terrible quality, blotchy and just overall dreadful to watch. Watching DVDs (i have 42px60) is wicked, especially when upscaled, crisp colours, quality is just superb.

I suggest you try to go to as many stores as you can and watch some decent HD content. Terrestial signal will most likely look worse in store since of the many tvs and interference (says comet guy).

LCD vs Plasma - big problem when choosing which one but i chose a plasma based on the correct colours being displayed and good blacks. Went to a panasonic shop and they had an LCD and plasma display same image, and plasma shows much better colours than LCD to me. The black on the LCD looked greyish and the reds looked pickish. But since your sitting 4m away 37" maybe a bit to big. just my two cent...

3. Dunc72

Dunc72
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Vman

I dont have much time for PS2 anymore so more concerned with PQ and sound.

Ive looked on LCD forum and Tosh WL66 has great feedback, but I'm edging towards Panny. I'd like PX600 but price is a bit high.

Is there anything else worth looking at?

4. waxxy

waxxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    i was in the same boat as you mate i was deciding amongst the panny and the toshiba and it was doing my head in so i went too sound and vision too try out both sets ..

ive hd a hd lcd tv before and thought they were briliant and always thought plasmas were over priced hype but once i compared the toshiba vs panasonic the panasonic blew it away.

the hd material looked more realistic on the plasma as did the ps2 games ..the toshiba made it look washed out and not much detail it looked very very bad but on the panasonic it was put threw the rgb scart socket and the picture was miles better.. the colours and cripness beat my old crt tv by miles .

the toshiba may look nicer on the outer casing and the style may look nicer but for picture quality the pansonic beat it hands down and the prices are around the same now too if not cheaper ..the one i looked at was the panasonic th42px60 its £830 with wall bracket the toshiba was the one you stated but the 42 inch version as well as the 37 version both cost more thhan the 42 inch plasma in the end i bought the panasonic ;)