1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH37PWD7 - newbie seeking assistance.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by timpanks, Jun 7, 2005.

1. timpanks

timpanks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Folks,

Apologies if I'm just asking a question that's been asked many times before, but I've been scouring these forums and still have a few queries...

Anyway I'm after a 37" plasma screen. Given that my regular viewing distance is only 8 ft from the screen I really think a 42" screen is just too big. My overiding priority is picture quality, and given that I don't watch a great deal of regular TV, I refer to DVD PQ primarilly. I'm not concerned with a future proof screen - just something that does the best job within my budget.

I am reading a lot of good things about the Panasonic TH37PWD7 from AV Sales, but if I'm correct it's only a panel and requires additional kit to operate. My current setup includes the Sony VTX-D800U Freeview box, a Sony DVP NS700V DVD player, and a NAD C320 Stereo Amp connecting a pair of KEF Q55 speakers. What else what I need to complete a setup integrating the PWD7, and would that be the recommended package from the members here, considering that my budget would ideally be sub £1500?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +474
    I think your best bet is to connect the freeview box to the vga input on the screen using JS rgb to vga converter (budget around £160 - £175 with scart and vga cables). Connect dvd via component to a bnc component board, budget aboout £70 for the bnc board (check with av sales for latest price but its much cheaper than teh rca board) and £40 for rca to bnc component lead.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    for cheap cheap go for a dual slot board (42" is £1327 with dual slot and mount!!!) and conect DVD to component (assuming DVD-P has component here) and S-video for FV box