Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

panasonic th37pw7b - old model?

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by bestyman, Jun 14, 2005.

1. bestyman

bestyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    appologies for a simple question but Im new to this.
    I have read the forum for a while and whilst originally tempted to buy a tiny have now decieded to buy a 37" panny.

I have seen one at richer sounds, its a th37pw7b priced at £999. Can I ask;

1. Is this a really old model, other sites say it is discontinued, what model replaced it and is it better?
    2. I already have surround , freeview and a DVD player so I recon I just need a panel, is this correct?
    3. Presently the DVD and freeview are connected by scart to my tele, can I do the same to the plasma and is a panasonic input board from richer sounds at £150 the best way?
    I don`t have the red green and blue connections Ive read about just scart on freeview and scart , s video and a yellow phono type video output on the DVD.
    Sound is sorted as all connected to sony surround amp with optical cables etc.

To complicate things a bit more the sony surround sound amp can be wired to recieve video as well as audio by using what looks like a yellow phono lead. I don`t have it wired this way at present as seemd there was no point other than the amp turning the video source over.

On a budget of around 1100. Watch mostly TV , odd DVD. Anyhelp or advise please particularly about the different panasonic models.
    Also considering a 37" phillips???

Thanks

Mark

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Panny is much better than the 9946 philips is still current (but panny are getting no more) til Sept 05 when PWD8 comes out
    YES just a panel
    YES but for RGB source (FV box) a JS RGB>VGA converter is better!!!!!!!!!

3. bestyman

bestyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the fast reply.
    So just to make sure the new panny is this
    Panasonic TH37PE50PED - Plasma 37" 16:9 Viera With Ped In Store Price : £1949.99
    £1,499.97 (save : £450.02)
    which has a built in freeview ( that I dont need) and is 500 quid more.

Will the picture quality be the same on them both? Are both viera ( whatever that means). Are both same resoulution?

Also please explain what is an FV box. I assume that RGB is the RGB setting on output froim a scart lead.

What is a JS RGB>VGA converter? Is that the same as the box richer sounds sell for £150?

Bottom line, should I get the panny from richer sounds?

Thanks again

Mark