1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Th37pw4b Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by toonarmy, May 23, 2002.

1. toonarmy

toonarmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I am thinking about buying the above Plasma TV and I was wondering what would be the best way to hook it up to my Sony DVP-S725D DVD player. This DVD player has COMPONENT VIDEO OUT connectors on the back would I be able to use these connections or not. I also have a Pace digibox to hook up to to it any tips would be helpful.
    Cheers

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    You can use the component in for dvd.
    For Pace box can get an RGB to VGA adapter box from
    rgbtosvideo.com which has a scart socket on.
    Search plasma on this forum you'll find threads detailing options.;)
    Oh and ediscount.co.uk do the panel for £3026

3. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
  4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,575
    Option Two

Toonarmy

As per Encaser's message yes you can simply use three phono to phono cables to connect your DVD player to the Component input on the plasma display - set the input menu on the plasma display to Component and ignore the other two phono sockets on the Component video board.

And again as per Encaser's reply you can convert the SCART out of your SKY box to be plasma VGA friendly using one of John Sims RGB to VGA converters - you plug your SKY box to the converter using a SCART to SCART cable and the converter to the plasma using a VGA to VGA cable ( same as is on your PC monitor).

Another option if you have an AV amp with Component video switching and want to retain the ability to plug a PC into the VGA port on the plasma display is to await Johns new RGB to Component converter - due soon!!!

With the new converter and an AV amp with Component switching you can plug your DVD and your SKY box to your AV amp as Component signals and then the AV amp to the Component input on the plasma display - again using three phono to phono cables.

Interested to know if its a space limitation that's making you look at the 37" panel as the pricing these days on the 42" panels is only marginally higher that the 37".

Best regards

Joe