Quantcast

Panasonic TH37PW4B Motion Problems

D

daver

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before but looking through the forum I can't see anything definitive on the problem I'm seeing.

I've just purchased a Panasonic TH37PW4B which on the whole I'm very pleased with. I do have one problem though that is starting to drive me a bit crazy.

On fast moving images that move left to right (or right to left) and have well defined outlines I am suffering from what I can only describe as "image lag". The object appears to not move smoothly across the screen but "jitters".

I've tried various contrast/brightness settings in an effort to stop this. I've also tried connecting equipment via the RGB connections and S-Video and nothing seems to make any difference.

I spoke to Panasonic technical support who told me this was normal with plasmas.

Does anyone else with the Panny see this or have I got a duff display?

Thanks

I have the 42" Panny and have no jitters or any problem whatso-ever

sounds Like you have got a duff model

S

strackal

thats a similar problem i have with my 42" LG

when watching football there seems to be a image lag or shadow.

dont know if its to do with the cheap scart I have at moment tho.

ITS SO ANNOYING THO!

makes your eyes hurt to..

MarkE19

I've not noticed this either, but then again I am as blind as a bat:D (that is my excuse for getting a BIG TV :clown: )

Mark.

DaveCheltenham

daver - A couple of things.

I assume you are using the Panasonic connection board as initially I used a progressive scan unit on my 42 with severe similar (and many other) problems. I cured this by going for the Panasonic connection board. Interestingly, using a multimedia computer (850MHz) in the PC Input gives the same effect to some degree.

The other is the source material. I have noticed this on relatively low bit rate DVD's and DTT/DST. Good ones like "The Godfather Box Set" are almost free from this effect.

Hope this info may be helpful.

N

NIIK_TT

I was in Comet yesterday and noticed image lag on the LG model.