1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic th37pv500 - possible after image problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by kewny, Oct 31, 2005.

1. kewny

kewny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have had a panasonic th37pv500 for just over a week. Its is set on normal picture with contrast, brightness etc set to about 50%. No aids have been turned on. I notice that with white images on the screen, when the image pans the edge of the white images seems to be yellowish in colour. This occurs in all viewing modes (dvd, dvb, games) and is especially noticable in sin city on dvd (esp the scene were marv meets elijah wood (killer) outside after knockin out the dog). Am I set up properly or is there a problem with the TV? Please help....

2. Ibizaonice

Ibizaonice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    hmm it's faulty ! Call Panasonic and confront them with the problem... Easy !

3. acrmorris

acrmorris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try turning down colour to zero in the settings menu. You should have a completely black and white picture. If you still get yellow colouring, the screen is definitely faulty. I have the 42" version and get no yellowing at all.

4. kewny

kewny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, will try it out when I get in from work. I contacted panasonic too and they put me on to an engineer who is coming to have a look tomorrow. Anyone know what I should expect to happen if it is faulty in terms of the sets return and replacement if required? I need to know my rights !!! :)

5. Ibizaonice

Ibizaonice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I doubt you get a new screen, but most likely they will take it in for service. You have warranty

6. Gussie

Gussie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    It may not be a fault - you may be seeing this effect because your vision is susceptible to this phenomenon - others may never see it.

There are many many threads about this - the best description I've found is here ...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=5985503&&#post5985503

Also see

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178742&highlight=pottsy

This unfortunate phenomenon is caused by phosphor decay time differences and once noticed will always be there.

Gussie :)

7. MrNPG

MrNPG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Yep, I agree with Gussie, sounds like the problem that I get with mine.

Not a "fault" with your TV but with your eyes. I've had my plasma for 6 months now and am just learning to live with this "side-effect".

Some people notice it, some don't. Unfortunately I do :(

8. kewny

kewny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gussie + MrNPG:

Thanks very much for your comments. I had a look at the links that you supplied and it is exactly what I am seeing. I swear I thought I was going mad !! Someone on the forums even described the same experience with sin city. I will have a look at turning the contrast down, and maybe play with the colour and brightness too. Hopefully it will alleviate it somewhat. Damn these eyes !!! Too good for their own good !! Thanks again.