panasonic th37pv500 component input only shows B&W

K

kiwimike

Hi,
13 months ago i bought a th37pv500, great box. I've now just purchased a phillips DVD recorder with composite output, I'm saving the hdmi slot for when sky HD gets cheaper. However I find that with both this dvd and another that I've borrowed that any composite input shows up as black and white.

I'm pretty sure I've got the dvd player set on composite and progressive so I'd welcome advice from you lot, with the smarts, on what I'm doing wrong.

If i take input from the scart lead it looks good, but obviously I'd like to get the best output I could

thanks

Firstly I think you are muddling up two different signal types:

composite (single connection: not optimum , only ever interlaced)

component ( 3 connections : about as good as analogue video gets , can be interlaced or progressive and evene high definition).

Sounds like you are using composite and having trouble with the colour frequency or only connecting a single luma connection to the component inputs.

I too had the same problem when i connected my panasonic dvd player, i can`t remember exactley what i did as it was over 12 months since i encontered said problem, just diconnect everything and start again also look carefully to your manual and go through it step by step hopes this helps
regards Clarkesville

you are totally correct here, too much left over christmass pudding for lunch :).

I meant to say component so basically i'm getting a black and white picture from my component output from my phillips dvd player on my panny th37pv500.

I went out and bought a new component cable in case the cable was wrong :-(. I've got the phillips set to progressive output but even on interlaced it is still black and white. I guess I'll check my panny settings

but any advice is appreciated.

thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom